what are our strategic areas of focus?
Gender Based Violence, Sexual Reproductive Health, HIV/AIDS and Positive Fatherhood.
what are our core values?
Transparency Teamwork, commitment, Professionalism integrity, Fairness and equality
what previous projects have we done?
- UNTP Project: Engaging men to strength the implementation of GBV laws and policies and promote gender equality in Kenya. The project reached 40,000 people directly and over 2 million indirectly. Under this Project, Menken in partnership with UNWOMEN and others developed a policy report after scanning policies and laws on engaging men and boys in HIV and GBV Prevention, SRHR promotion and Parenting. We also built the capacity of civil society to advocate for improved implementation of laws and policies and necessary policy reforms by training them on policy advocacy.
- SIDA Project: Engaging men to strength the implementation of GBV laws and policies and promote gender equality in Kenya.
what Technical Working Groups work together with menken?
- Africa Unite Kenya Chaper
- Sub-County and Ward Advisory Committe (SWAC) for Global Communities DREAMS Program
- Nairobi City County GBV Working Group
- Kenya AIDS National Consortium of Organizations (KANCO)
- National GBV Working Group for National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC)
- Keeping the Promise Campaign by National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC)
- Children Technical Working Group by National Gender and Equality Commission (NGEC)
- Youth Technical Working Group by National AIDS Control Council
what are Menken's objectives?
- To advocate for gender equity and equality at all levels by engaging men and boys
- To create a platform for information sharing and learning to reduce impact for GBV, SRH, Positive Fatherhood, HIV and AIDS
- To conduct research on GBV, SRH, Positive Fatherhood, HIV and AIDS to create gender disaggregated evidence-based interventions.
- To build the capacity of organisations, individuals and networks nationally, regionally and globally in engaging boys and men